Man has arm amputated after eating sushi
Something fishy going on
© Getty Images
Are you a sushi lover? Think again before you continue reading. According to The Sun, a South Korean man had his hand and forearm got amputated after eating sushi.
The 71- year- old man was overwhelmed with unbearable pain in his hand the day after eating the raw fish. When he went to the hospital two days later his hand had turned pink and swollen. The hand was covered with enormous blood-filled sac and fluid-filled lumps. Immediately he was referred to the surgery department.
Tests revealed that the man was infected with vibrio vulnificus, a flesh-eating bacteria found in salty water. People can get infected with the bacteria when eating seafood or having an open wound exposed to the bacteria.
The man was treated with antibiotics, but because he suffered from diabetes, his immune system has been affected and the medication didn't help. Meanwhile, the infection was spreading through his body and there was no other way to stop it than to amputate his hand and forearm. Yikes!
Do you still crave that sushi?
LIFESTYLE Heidi Klum
A history of Heidi Klum's greatest ever looks
The most cringeworthy hairstyles in soccer history
Úrsula Corberó: the impressive style of the 'Money Heist' star
Indian actors making it big in Hollywood
Minimalist hacks to declutter your life
CELEBRITY first time
Which celebrities did these stars lose their virginity to?
Prince Harry's best celeb moments
The quirkiest small towns in the world
This surprising household item carries the most germs
These accessories can soothe anxiety